Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 4, 2011

Hitting the Big "4-0" !!!!!

Most women don't want anyone to know when they hit the BIG "40", but I want to shout it from the mountain tops! I hit the Big 40 on the scale this week and it moved me into another "decade" on the scale. If you don't know what I am referring to, it's when you see the scale move into the next set of digits on it's way down the scale. Well I did it! I got to this mile marker on my journey and I can't wait to hit my next goal of 50 pounds! My goal is to be there by Easter, so I guess I better start peddling faster now.

Yes, you heard me correctly, I have lost 40 pounds thus far on my journey. So I started thinking about how much 40 pounds looks like. Can you visualize "8" Five pounds of sugar or flour? Can you see forty, one pound packages of yummy bacon, or forty, one pound boxes of
Butter, or better yet four ten pound bags of Russet potatoes?

But I guess the real "eye-opener" if you will, came to me when I was talking to my daughter-in-law and told her about my accomplishment. Her response was "Well at Forty Pounds, you've lost your grandson! He's a little over forty pounds!". WOW! Now that was the visual that I had been looking for! (no pun intended). My grandson who just turned four one week ago weighs the same amount as the amount of weight that I had lost! I can see for myself how big and tall and handsome that he is getting to be every day, but until she told me how much he weighed I had no idea he was a forty pound person.

This is so cool for me. I can see that all of my focus on this area of my life is going to have a big reward. I am going to be able to do more with my grandchildren than I ever have before. I will no longer have to be a bystander and "watch" as they grow up, but I will be able to be an "active" participant in their lives! I am so happy all because my grandson just so happens to be Forty Pounds!

So, think about it. Whether you have two pounds, ten pounds, twenty pounds or more to lose you need to find something that you can visualize to help you really appreciate your progress along the way. Celebrate Every Pound! Because we all know it is alot harder to lose that pound (of bacon, butter, chocolate or whatever you "see") than it was to gain it! What are you waiting for? Are you trying to improve your life? Are you on a journey to a healthier you yet? If your not you could be. I will keep you posted on my progress, and maybe just maybe we will see each other along the way!

No comments: